10 Things to do in Houston
There are a ton more things to do this week in Houston besides cleaning. See what is happening in Houston July 24 to July 30.
- Texas Typhoon Water Park: Beat the Heat with Katy’s newest attraction, Texas Typhoon Water Park. The 25-acre waterpark next to Katy Mills Mall and offers wet attractions starting at $32.99.
- Wicked at the Hobby Center: Experience the story of Glinda and the wicked witch of the West when the musical Wicked comes to the stage
- Summer Art Explorers at MFAH: | FREE – Bring the children to MFAH for this free weekly program that includes games, arts and crafts, storytime and more. July 28th at 11am to 2pm.
- Bands on the Sand in Galveston | Friday and Saturday – Head to Galveston’s Palm Beach to enjoy fireworks and live music from Leannasaurus Rex and Vertigo during this summer concert series. Tickets are $15, not including ticket fees.Friday and Saturday 6pm.
- Beat Bobby Flay Viewing Party at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE to Attend – Show your support for Houston chef, Kevin Naderi as he competes on an episode of Beat Bobby Flay. Naderi is hosting a viewing party at 8th Wonder and he’s buying the first round of beer. July 28th, 7pm to 10:30pm.
- Fairytales Cool Nights at the Houston Zoo – Dress the kids up in their favorite fairytale costume and have an enchanted evening at the zoo where they’ll meet Aurora the orangutan and Boga the komodo dragon. Included with general zoo admission. July 29th, 5pm to 8pm.
- Critical Mass Bike Ride at Market Square Park | FREE – Bike through Downtown Houston during this monthly community ride with Critical Mass. July 29th, 7pm.
- No Limits Movie Night at Discovery Green | FREE – Bring a blanket over to Discovery Green in Downtown to enjoy NASA space-themed movie night. July 29th, 8pm.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release Party at Brazos Bookstore – Pre-order the latest book in the Harry Potter series and spend your evening at Brazos Bookstore playing games and trivia in anticipation of the book release. At midnight, copies of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be distributed. The event is free, but the book is $29.99. July 30th, 9pm.
- Nintendo Play Tour at Memorial City Mall | FREE – Play games like Yoshi’s New Island, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart 7, and Pokemon Omega Ruby, snap a photo with life size Nintendo characters and win prizes during the Nintendo Play Tour 2016. July 31st,11am to 7pm.