Many homeowners have stopped in their tracks at the sight of a dirty oven—and baking time had to wait until cleaning the appliance. Now, imagine this happens during the holidays or thanksgiving—a greasy and stained oven could ruin the night!
However, while using a dirty oven is gross and risky, cleaning it can be discouraging. On top of dealing with stuck-on residue, this chore can become more challenging because most people wouldn’t want to use harsh chemicals in the same place where they cook the food.
The good news is that you can clean your oven with natural agents! Try the following method to clean your oven without scrubbing, using only vinegar and baking soda.
How to clean your oven with vinegar steam
Perhaps you believe you must go to great lengths only to remove hard residue from your oven. Fortunately, it’s more straightforward than you may think. Heat and water can help you clean your appliance, but vinegar is your best ally for cutting through baked residue.
Some ovens have a unique function that cleans themselves using steam. That’s a great feature; however, you can still get the job done if you don’t own a self-cleaning oven.
Here is how you can clean your oven without scrubbing:
- Step 1: Remove the oven racks and remove any debris left inside.
- Step 2: Fill a large oven-safe pot with water, and add ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Step 3: Put the pot inside the oven and heat it at 300ºF.
- Step 4: Let the water boil and fill the oven with heat for about half an hour.
- Step 5: Turn off the oven and let it cool. Then, remove the pot.
- Step 6: Make a solution with half and half water and vinegar, and wipe the walls with a damp cloth. You can buff some streaks with paper towels dipped in the solution.
- Step 7: Leave the oven to dry. You don’t need to worry about the vinegar smell; it will dissipate in minutes.
Be aware that this method might fall a little short when the oven needs a thorough scrubbing. If you happen to be left with stubborn stains, your best option is to use baking soda. Keep reading to learn how to clean an oven with baking soda.
Stubborn stains? Wipe the oven with baking soda
Even when steamed, not all the stains from your oven will go away. Baked-on residue can become very stubborn. Fortunately, you can tackle those stains with vinegar, baking soda, and elbow grease.
Baking soda works wonders in dissolving grime, especially with another great household product: white vinegar.
Check this video to clean your oven with baking soda and white vinegar.
How To Clean Your Oven With Baking Soda And Vinegar
Too much hassle? Get a professional oven cleaning in Houston!
If cleaning the oven seems time-consuming and challenging, you can always leave it to professionals. At Naturalcare Cleaning Service, we offer a special oven cleaning add-on on top of our cleaning packages.